Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Reclaim & Revolt, Day 2

Y'all I'm feeling so good right now. I love the way I feel when I'm really focusing on eating things that are good for me. Plus, there's just some awesome energy around starting a new thing that makes me super happy.

Today is Day 2 of Reclaim & Revolt — the January program that focuses on boosting physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Today's focus was on Intuitive Eating, which basically comes down to listening to your body's hunger and fullness cues. When you're hungry, eat. When you're craving something, eat it. And when you're full, stop.

I'll admit that it's not something I'm good at. I'm a binge eater and plate cleaner. I'll eat until there is nothing left, and then I feel bloated and sluggish, and that's no fun. I'm also not great at eating when I'm hungry, but rather, at set times throughout the day. If hunger strikes at 9 pm before bed, I ignore it and go to sleep. I need to work on that. I also often try to eat BEFORE I'm hungry to avoid ever feeling hungry, but I'm pretty sure that's not healthy either.

As for today, I started the morning with a 3-mile run OUTSIDE IN 10 DEGREE WEATHER. I was so cold the whole time. But real talk, I could have gone to the gym and used the treadmill, and I opted for outdoors because I'd rather be freezing than on a treadmill (aka dreadmill). Afterward, I warmed up with a hot shower and then refueled with Lacy's Ginger Pear Green Smoothie.


This had fresh pear, fresh ginger, banana, and nuts and seeds. Plus, I added a scoop of Vega One Natural protein since it was enjoyed post-run. Very good! I also had some rose quartz & moonstone crystal essence that I made last night in the moonlight! I set out those crystals in a jar of water to charge them under the Full Moon. Of course the water froze, but I let it thaw and enjoyed it after breakfast.

I borrowed an idea from my No Meat Athlete Marathon Road Map meal plan from a few weeks ago for my morning snack, which I toted to work with me on my first day back after the holiday break! Yay for work! I missed this place. Anyway, I baked some Sprouted Grain Tortilla Triangles and served with Lulu's Baked Cashew Queso and Salsa. Very good and was a nice way to satisfy my continual craving for chips and salsa.


Lunch was a giant Mexican Salad, which I brought to work in a jar.


The dressing is Lacy's Creamy Avocado Dressing, and there were taco-spiced lentils (seasoned with chili powder), corn, bell pepper, carrot, tomato, scallion, lettuce, and some toasted pepitas. Perfect. I feel so good when I eat lots of veggies and good fats.


My co-worker Madelyn brought in some Roasted Cacao Beans to the office. These are just straight, unsweetened cacao beans, and they're heavenly. Great way to get that chocolate fix without sugar (which I'm trying to avoid when I can). I snacked on a few of these when I got my afternoon dessert craving. I took a pic, but it's blurry. They look like little chocolate almonds, but they're actually dry-roasted cacao.

Dinner was Lacy's Chickpea, Potato & Spinach Soup. This is a simple soup that's just like it sounds! Just chickpeas, potatoes, and spinach, plus a little plant milk to make it creamy and garlic/leeks to make it delicious. It's so cold here in Memphis right now, and warm, nourishing soups are so comforting.


That's it for Day 2! Tomorrow's focus is on magical self-care, and I cannot wait.

7 comments:

NatNev said...

It's around -25 here (C!), plus windchill. That means it feels like -35 C or -31 F. Keep this in mind, and if that doesn't warm you up while you're outside, nothing will. :P

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling good and feeling happy! Your meals look so good and I'm impressed that you ran in the 10 degree weather! It's so hard to even stand out there for a few minutes, I can't imagine running in it. That hot shower must have felt great. Great looking meals and snacks! I'm so glad you are enjoying the experience so far!

Hillary said...

I can't imagine running in that cold! Hats off to you! I've never heard it calle the dreadmill before hilarious!
That salad looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Running in such cold weather is really insane! And you're very very lucky that you got home safely without slipping on ice....
what was the intuitive eating part? That sounds like an interesting not easy thing to focus on but would certainly take me longer than a day to refocus on how and when i eat what.
I actually often get hungry late at night if i have a simple soup like that for dinner- i have nut butter on a spoon or a handful of nuts usually so i'm not overly full but am also satisfied. The worst is waking up in the middle of the night with tummy grumbles!
Ttrockwood

Susan said...

Treadmills are dreadmills. But I can almost never actually walk outside because the sun in my natural enemy!

Sounds like some really yummy food, that salad looks magnificent! I definite need some good fats in my diet every day to make me feel happy.

The cacao beans sound heavenly. I like my chocolate very dark, and I just imaging these would have been so so so good.

Unknown said...

I love this post, your whole concept of Reclaim and Revolt, and your writing style! I'm so glad I found your blog. I have a question: you said you baked the Sprouted Grain Tortilla Triangles... did you make them from scratch? Can we have the recipe? I would LOVE IT! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Derp! I just found the recipe on a different day (baking in the oven!) Nevermind on that. New question though: Is there a way to subscribe to your blog?