Thursday, December 28, 2017

Fruit & Veggie Bars!

I've said it on this blog a hundred times, and I'll say it again — I love bars! I typically have a bar every morning before my workout since they're light enough not to weigh me down. I always wake up ravenous, so I need to fuel before my runs and workout classes. I typically eat raw fruit & nut bars (like Larabars) or grain-based energy bars (like Clif bars), but sometimes it's nice to mix things up and get some veggies in first thing in the morning.

Phyter sent me a box of their fruit & veggie bars to try, and I'm loving them! Most of these contain a veggie that you'd typically use in savory applications, but they're paired with fruits so the bars are still sweet. But not too sweet.


There's Beet + Cocoa, Sweet Potato + Coconut, Butternut Squash + Peanut Butter, and Cranberry + Strawberry (the only straight-up fruit bar).


The bars have a nut butter base, so they're nutty and creamy after you bite into them. Plus, there's gluten-free oats, raisins, coconut palm sugar, sunflower seeds, flax, & pumpkin seeds, brown rice flour, and white rice flour.


Of course, I loved the Butternut Squash + Peanut Butter the most because peanut butter! The rest of the bars contained almond butter instead of peanut, which was awesome too. But peanut reigns supreme, always. Beet + Cocoa was probably my second-fave since it had a light cocoa flavor, and you could taste a slight earthiness from the beet.

These have to be refrigerated, and they can be frozen if you want to keep them around longer. But I don't think I'd be able to keep these for long because they'd be in my mouth!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These look like bars I would try for sure! What an attractive line!

Susan said...

These sound amazing! Particularly would love to try the butternut squash and peanut butter one, I don't think I have ever seen that sort of combination before and it is right up my alley.