Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day Fun!

I had a great food-filled Valentine's Day! It actually started a few days early, when my daddy's Valentine arrived in the mail. My dad ordered me a bunch of Valentine's candy (and some Vegg powder) from Vegan Essentials and had it shipped to my office! Thanks Daddy!


There are Sjaak's heart-shaped "melk" chocolates, truffles, and a big dark chocolate heart filled with assorted chocolates. And a whole bag of individually wrapped Surf Sweets gummy hearts! On Thursday night, I had half of this Melk Chocolate Heart, and I shared the other half with Paul. I don't usually share chocolate, but I figured that's what you're supposed to do cause it's Valentine's, right?


On Friday night, I had this Sjaak's Heart of Cherry truffle while we watched Gone Girl. It's stuffed with soft, cherry-flavored fudge. Yum! And yes, I'm wearing Valentine's PJ pants. I'm a nerd.


And then came Saturday! The big day. I figured the real holiday deserved the big heart. So after running 12 miles on the Shelby Farms Greenline, I sat down with this chocolate heart stuffed with more chocolate!


Here's an inside shot. There were two foil-wrapped chocolate heart halves, and when you open them, there are Forrest Gump-style assorted chocolates inside. I went for one of the square ones, which turned out to be a chocolate-covered caramel. Yum!


Later on Saturday night, Paul and I went to dinner at Bhan Thai.


I started with the Crispy Spring Rolls. Love these because not only are they stuffed with the usual veggies, they're also stuffed with thin rice noodles.


For my entree, I went with the Pad See Ew with Tofu. Ever since I discovered Pad See Ew at Bangkok Alley a few weeks ago, I can't stop thinking about it. There's something about the chewy wide noodles with the veggies and tofu that just does it for me. New favorite Thai dish!


After dinner, we went to our friend Andy's annual Anti-Valentine's Day Party. It also happened to be doubling as my friend Greg's going-away party. He's moving back home to Kentucky for awhile. Sadness.


But on the upside, there were Vegan Pigs In Blankets at Andy's party. And (not pictured) Vegan Chili-Cream Cheese Dip.


And Stephanie brought Valentine's cupcakes! I picked a Chocolate Kalua Cupcake. Yum.


Bonus: My cats love each other too. Today, I caught Gelfling and Ozzy snuggled together in the recliner. They rarely acknowledge one another, unless Gelfling (the black one) is picking on Ozzy (the tabby). But here they are all snuggly and cute!


3 comments:

Susan said...

It is a Valentine's day kitty miracle!

Pad See Ew is the best. :)

spencer said...

if you like pad see ew, give pad kee mao (aka drunken noodles) a try, if you haven't already! the wide rice noodles are my favorite too, and pad kee mao is my favorite way to have them.

The Preppy Vegan said...

Obviously I need to clue the people that love me into Vegan Essentials...why am I not eating chocolate candy hearts RIGHT NOW?